Connect with us

News

Fake Agency Scandal: Tinubu orders arrest, suspends three permanent secretaries

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of George Buchi Nwabueze following the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).

The President also directed the suspension of three permanent secretaries in connection with the discovery.

The affected officials are M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah.

Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN, disclosed this on Friday while speaking to State House correspondents.

Aliyu said he briefed President Tinubu for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting with the President on Thursday.

Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.

He said, “Upon further briefing by ICPC to Mr President on the ongoing investigations into the fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and procedural weaknesses in the public service, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has uncovered another fake agency and office operating under the name National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, which has been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation,” Aliyu said.

He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by President Tinubu, and identified the promoter of the fake office as one Prince George Buchi Nwabueze, who was found to be operating under multiple aliases.

“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The promoter was discovered to also operate under four other variations of his name: George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze,” Aliyu said.

He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.

“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.

Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.

Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.

The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.

The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.

Follow Very Nigerian WhatsApp Channel
For Verified Breaking News, Exclusive Reports, Trending Stories, And Real-time Updates.
CLICk HERE TO JOIN!
WhatsApp

Pearl Essien is a digital content creator and a graduate of the prestigious University of Calabar. With over four years of experience in writing, she specializes in crafting engaging stories that inform and inspire readers. Outside of her work, Pearl enjoys storytelling, reading, and playing table tennis, bringing the same curiosity and passion to her hobbies as she does to her writing.

Advertisement Follow Us on Google Discover
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News10 hours ago

‘Disclosing his records could endanger lives’ – FBI begs US court to keep parts of Tinubu records secret

National News9 hours ago

BREAKING: FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

Special Features1 day ago

From BNSc Nursing to BSc in Accounting , Masters, PGDE; See list of available programmes, requirements and how to apply for ABU Zaria DLC admission

Politics1 day ago

2027: Okorocha drags INEC, APC, Uzodinma to court over Imo West ticket

National News1 day ago

After Osun victory, Adeleke meets Tinubu at Presidential Villa, presents him his certificate of return

News2 days ago

2027 Presidency: ‘Fuel subsidy will be restored if I win’ – Atiku

Politics21 hours ago

2027: ‘Step aside, back Obi’ — NDC chieftain tells Atiku

News3 hours ago

BREAKING: PFIPC: ICPC exposes another ‘fake’ agency inside SGF office

Special Features2 days ago

Travelling to Nigeria? 30 Nigerian Pidgin English phrases every visitor should know

Politics1 day ago

Obasanjo couldn’t even win his own state in 1999, he has no electoral value, Arewa made him President – Atiku

Special Features1 day ago

Akwa Ibom State: List of LGAs, population, capital, government, other key facts

Entertainment13 hours ago

For insulting Gov Okpebholo, his children, you have been banned from Edo, boys will use slap to remove your teeth if you come – Gov aide dares Davido

Politics1 day ago

‘This One Cannot Rule Nigeria’ — Donald Duke reveals how Babangida secretly warned Obasanjo against trusting Atiku

Politics11 hours ago

Peter Obi declares 2027 Presidential Campaign open, says ‘Nigeria Must Work’

Politics23 hours ago

Kwankwaso submits NDC candidates for 2027 elections across 19 Northern states, FCT