Connect with us

Sports

Napoli appoint Allegri as new manager after Conte exit

Published

on

Serie A champions Napoli have appointed Massimiliano Allegri as their new head coach following the departure of Antonio Conte.

The club confirmed the appointment in a statement on Friday, announcing that the 58-year-old has signed a three-year contract that will keep him at the club until 2029.

“Napoli welcomes Massimiliano Allegri as manager of the first team,” the club said in its announcement.

Allegri returns to management after his most recent spell with AC Milan, where he was dismissed after the team failed to qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League.

The experienced Italian coach has also enjoyed two spells in charge of Juventus, managing the Turin giants from 2014 to 2019 before returning for a second stint between 2021 and 2024.

Allegri now takes over at Napoli as the club prepares to defend its Serie A title and compete in European football next season.

Since the end of the season, nine of the 20 Serie A teams have changed coaches, including Napoli, AC Milan, which hired the Portuguese Ruben Amorim, Atalanta Bergamo (Maurizio Sarri), and Fiorentina (Fabio Grosso).

Conte, who guided Napoli to the Serie A title in the 2024/25 campaign, has been touted as the favourite to take over as Italy coach.

The former Italy international previously coached the national side between 2014 and 2016, taking them to the Euro 2016 quarter-finals where they lost on penalties to Germany.

Follow Very Nigerian WhatsApp Channel
For Verified Breaking News, Exclusive Reports, Trending Stories, And Real-time Updates.
CLICk HERE TO JOIN!
WhatsApp

Pearl Essien is a digital content creator and a graduate of the prestigious University of Calabar. With over four years of experience in writing, she specializes in crafting engaging stories that inform and inspire readers. Outside of her work, Pearl enjoys storytelling, reading, and playing table tennis, bringing the same curiosity and passion to her hobbies as she does to her writing.

Advertisement Follow Us on Google Discover
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News1 day ago

‘Disclosing his records could endanger lives’ – FBI begs US court to keep parts of Tinubu records secret

National News1 day ago

BREAKING: FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

News1 day ago

BREAKING: PFIPC: ICPC exposes another ‘fake’ agency inside SGF office

Politics14 hours ago

Updated: Tinubu Chairman, Yari Campaign DG as APC unveils 108-Man 2027 Presidential Campaign Council (Full List)

Metro15 hours ago

Just-In: Pandemonium as early morning fire ravages Spar Shopping Mall in Calabar (Photos)

Entertainment2 days ago

For insulting Gov Okpebholo, his children, you have been banned from Edo, boys will use slap to remove your teeth if you come – Gov aide dares Davido

Politics2 days ago

2027: ‘Step aside, back Obi’ — NDC chieftain tells Atiku

National News1 day ago

US Court grants FBI permission to submit Tinubu-linked records for private review

Politics2 days ago

Peter Obi declares 2027 Presidential Campaign open, says ‘Nigeria Must Work’

News1 day ago

Fake Agency Scandal: Tinubu orders arrest, suspends three permanent secretaries

Sports1 day ago

EPL 2026/27: Five new rules you need to know

News2 days ago

2027: ‘Tinubu may move Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if re-elected’ – Primate Ayodele

Special Features2 days ago

Cross River State: List of LGAs, population, capital, government, other key facts

News1 day ago

WAEC 2026: How to check, download your certificate online

News2 days ago

‘I earn N503,000 monthly, Permanent Secretary gets N900,000’, says Gov Oborevwori