Connect with us

Politics

Tinubu’s 2027 re-election will be easier than 2023 – Wike

Published

on

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has predicted an easier victory for President Bola Tinubu in the 2027 presidential election, arguing that the opposition has been weakened by defections and political realignments.

Wike made the remarks on Monday while speaking during an inspection of flood-affected areas in Abuja.

According to the minister, the 2023 presidential election was more challenging for Tinubu, but the fragmented state of the opposition has made the 2027 contest less difficult for the President.

> “This election, the 2027 election, will be the easiest election for Mr President. 2023 was a tough election for him.”

Wike said opposition parties had been weakened by politicians moving from one platform to another in search of favourable political arrangements.

> “This election, where the opposition has been crippled, you know what it means? Depleted; they finished them.”

He argued that a credible opposition capable of defeating an incumbent government must spend years building a strong political structure rather than constantly changing parties.

> “For you to be opposition to remove a government, it must be what you call a strong, vibrant opposition that has stayed for over four years planning, not opposition that is looking for a party to run to.”

The former Rivers State governor was emphatic about Tinubu’s chances in 2027.

> “If it is this 2027 election against Bola Ahmed Tinubu, no, forget it. It’s over.”

Wike also dismissed criticisms of the Tinubu administration, saying political commentaries and media appearances would not erase what he described as the government’s achievements over the past three years.

> “Nobody can diminish what this administration has done in the past three years. Nobody can diminish it.”

He acknowledged that the government had not solved all of Nigeria’s problems but maintained that progress had been made in addressing major challenges.

Wike Vows to Demolish Abuja Buildings on Waterways

The minister also addressed the recent flooding in the FCT, warning that structures built on designated waterways would be demolished regardless of the status of their owners.

Wike said the FCT administration had the political will to enforce development regulations and would not allow bureaucratic delays to frustrate the exercise.

> “I’m going to bring those houses down! Any house that’s found on the water channel will go down!”

He said the demolition exercise would continue irrespective of the approaching election.

> “Whether there is an election, oh, there’s no election, oh, all those houses will go down.”

Wike also condemned the conversion of designated green areas in Abuja into commercial parks and other developments, saying past irregularities would not be allowed to continue simply because they had existed for years.

He assured residents that desilting and other interventions would continue in flood-prone areas, including Lokogoma and the Yakubu Gowon Crescent axis in Asokoro.

The minister also urged residents to properly dispose of waste and avoid activities that obstruct drainage channels.

Follow Very Nigerian WhatsApp Channel
For Verified Breaking News, Exclusive Reports, Trending Stories, And Real-time Updates.
CLICk HERE TO JOIN!
WhatsApp

Afahame Bamidele is a Political Science graduate from the prestigious Bayero University, Kano, holding a Master’s degree. Known for his insightful analysis and storytelling, he brings clarity to political, governance and trending issues, making complex developments accessible and engaging. Beyond writing, Afahame enjoys football, creative storytelling, and exploring ideas that connect with people and the world around them.

Advertisement Follow Us on Google Discover
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *